Thursday, July 10, 2008

Gracie Girl, Gracie Girl What Do You See?

Grace really enjoys the book Brown, Bear Brown Bear What Do You See? and the companion books by Bill Martin Jr. & Eric Carle. I photocopied all of the animals in Brown Bear, colored them to match the animals in the book, and laminated them to create a fun matching game for Grace. I really love to incorporate books into as many of Grace's activities as I can so I was excited to introduce this to her. Grace easily matched all of the animals to those in her book when given a choice a four. Grace's favorite part was when I spread out all of the animals on her blanket and she was able to sort through the pile to find the correct animal match. We had a great time with this activity!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Another spectacular idea!
Please, bring that to Vermont tomorrow---we can't wait to see Grace matching.
Be safe on your car trip. I'll be waiting at the door for you. I hope that I CAN wait!
We are bubbling over with excitment,
Maddy & Poppy
XO

Anonymous said...

another brilliant idea for the book...have a safe journey to vermont tomorrow.


love, elsie

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?