Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Jack's "Paved Road"

Jack.  This boy of mine is one of the hardest workers that I know.  I am so delighted to be able to present this series of pictures of Jack.  All spring, summer and autumn long Jack has been working in his sand box for hours upon end to create what he was calls his "paved road."  The moment the snow melted in early spring Jack began working on his road.  With a variety of shovels, trucks and other equipment in hand Jack worked for weeks to carve out the area where his road would be.  Jack spent all summer long at his "construction site" making base coats for his road.  Upon last count I think he was up to his 563rd base coat!   In early autumn Jack told us that his road was ready for the finishing coat.  Jack continued to work for weeks upon end to perfect his road.  Finally, in early December Jack announced (after eight months of hard physical work) that his road was finished.  Yes, indeed!

These pictures of Jack were taken on a warm day in early December as Jack was finishing up the final touches on his "paved road."  I wanted to take pictures of Jack working on it before the snow came and covered up all of his work.  I asked Jack if I could take pictures of him working and I was so happy to hear that I could.  Jack had previously mentioned to me that signs were up in his construction site asking that pictures not be taken due to certain building laws.  On this day in early December Jack told me that he was taking the 'no picture taking' sign down that day from 10 a.m. until lunchtime and informed me to quickly get my camera for this one time picture taking opportunity...and so I did!  Here are some pictures of our road builder hard at work.  I just love this boy!



2 comments:

Maddy, said...

I love Jack's paved road! I have seen Jack work as hard as any little boy can! I know how much he loves his trucks and construction and road building. He loves it.

Jack is the cutest worker ever. I adore this series of photos in black and white, Rebecca. It really makes one focus right in on that handsome subject!

I'm thrilled that Jack allowed the laws of the road to be put aside for his Mama! There's something about Mamas and their boys!

Loving Jack and his paved road so very much,
Maddy

ps...please, tell Roo that we are so proud of his road and his very hard work!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jack! You have it all covered. You know how to make and pave a road and what you need to do to get the job done. You are a smart boy, a great planner, and a hard worker. I am so happy for you that you got your road done before the snow comes, and I am grateful that you let Mommy take pictures so we can all see it. You did a great job.

Has Daddy told you that his Uncle Omer owned a company that did road work and paving, and that you have cousins that work excavators, tractors, and cranes?

Have fun with the snow that's coming. Instead of dirt roads, you can have snow roads that go through snow mountains.

Love you, hugs and kisses,
Memere

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?