Friday, April 16, 2010

Having Fun Reading Using "Word Eggs!"



Grace loves to read and she is such a great reader. She is now reading hundreds of words. I thought it would be fun for Grace to make "word eggs" for her using our leftover plastic Easter eggs. To make these eggs I wrote a word family ending on one half of the egg (-ing in the picture above) and consonants, blends, and diagraphs on the other half of the egg. Grace puts the two halves of the eggs together, reads the word and then turns the egg to create a whole new word! Grace has many of these eggs and she loves to read them.

I'll be sharing another handmade reading activity in an upcoming post using paint chip samples. Oh, how I LOVE paint samples! :)

2 comments:

Our Amazing Grace!. said...

This is wonderful!
What an amazing learner Grace is!
Her love of words, print, rhyming, blending, and reading is just too~too much for any words I have!!
Those eyelashes....oh, I'm missing Grace way too much. Poppy and I need to come for a visit real soon.
Love to Our Reader,
Maddy

Unknown said...

Stealing this idea too!!!!

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?