Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Grace's Handmade Apple Tree!

Since apple picking season is coming to an end, Grace & I thought we would keep the season going by making our own apple tree. Yesterday, Grace painted a paper towel roll brown to serve as the trunk of an apple tree. She also painted cut out paper tree tops green. We let the tree trunk and tops dry overnight. It was an exciting morning today as Grace was very ready to finish her apple tree!
Grace worked extremely hard to peel off tiny apple stickers and place them on her apple tree tops. Grace did a wonderful job counting all of the apples on her tree tops once she was finished.
Once Grace was finished with her apple stickers, we taped the green tops onto the paper towel roll to complete Grace's tree. Now we can all remember the fun times we spent at the apple orchards this fall all winter long because of Grace's beautiful tree!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another special project to add to your collection. I love the way all of Grace's art work is displayed in your home. It looks like an art gallery. What a great idea to make an apple tree with Grace using recycled materials and of course, stickers! I would have enjoyed hearing Grace counting all of the apples. How many are there?
What does Grace have to say about the trees losing their leaves this week? I can imagine she has lots to say!
I Love You Grace, Mommy and Daddy,
Maddy

Anonymous said...

Gracie Girl,
I love your art, math, and language experience activities... When I look at your apple tree, I see 2+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+2=11 apples in all. Am I right? My first graders are solving problems like that now! Can you move to Vermont, so that I may have the pleasure to be your teacher? I would so enjoy the challenge of teaching such a bright, motivated learner. There is no stopping you Gracie Girl!!
Hugs & kisses from chilly Vermont,
Donna xoxo

Anonymous said...

How clever! And a very cute decoration. I'm impressed.
Love you all,
Memere

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?