Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Eyes & Ears & Mouth & Nose!

Grace surprised me the other day as she was drawing in her notebook. Grace told me she was drawing a picture of a porcupine and proceeded to draw four lines saying they were the porcupine's legs. What surprised me was that Grace drew the legs in their appropriate location. I was then curious to see what Grace would do with a blank face so I drew an oval on a separate piece of paper and told Grace it was a face. I asked Grace to draw eyes, a nose, a mouth, ears, and hair and this was the result. Grace drew the approximate placement of all of these facial features! This is Grace's first drawing of a face and I think it is absolutely beautiful (all of Grace's drawings are done in turquoise).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are always holding our breath to see what Grace will do next! That is an amazing skill. We are captivated by her wonders. Grace's development is a source of boundless joy and gasps of delight for us everyday!
****Sparkling Love to Bob, Rebecca, and Amazing Grace and (our almost here little baby boy :) ****

Anonymous said...

Wow, number 2! on the way! That picture looks a lot like daddy, I think. It's amazing to see how big she is getting.

Well, I have failed to convince my Marty to have another baby, but her compromise was to get a dog... so we did... a girl dog... STILL the only male in the house! {:-(

Anonymous said...

beautiful picture...family portraits will be next i am sure of it ;-)

sweet grace, i have an idea ... you should be the illustrator for the amazing book your mom and maddy will be co-writing. what do you think?

as always, love all the work and effort that goes into this blog. thank you. i enjoy every word and picture.

love, elsie

p.s. i'm not giving up on the book idea:-)

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?