Sunday, September 14, 2008

Apple Picking


We enjoyed apple picking at Raven Hill's Organic Apple Orchard with Memere yesterday afternoon. Memere was visiting us for the weekend. September is my favorite time of the year and apple picking is my favorite fall activity. I absolutely love sharing this experience with Grace. Raven Hill is such a beautiful orchard. It was full of apple trees that were overflowing with apples. Our little Gracie girl was very determined to find a green apple amongst all of the red apples yesterday. She searched the orchard high and low until she found one! Grace held her green apple tightly in her hands and carried it all around the orchard with her. I can't wait to take Grace apple picking again and to search for the perfect pumpkin with her!
A very special thank you to Memere who helped us this weekend. Memere watched Grace on Saturday morning while Bob & I worked on getting our baby boy's room ready! This is such an exciting time for our family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Memere, it looks like so much fun. Isn't apple picking the best? I thought that it felt like the middle of July this weekend instead of September, though. How wonderful for you to have the time to get things ready for our new little baby boy. I know how organized you like things to be, Rebecca. I can't wait to hear all about what you did. What are you making with the apples? I can imagine how Memere enjoyed Grace's determination in finding the green apple! Good Times!
Love, Maddy

Anonymous said...

What did you do to celebrate your 5th Anniversary!?! Hope it was brilliant fun.
xo,xo,xo Mom

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?